leave a legacy
Give for the Future. Give for Good.
A gift in your will or trust can change lives forever. With the right planning, you may even increase the size of your estate and reduce the tax burden on your heirs.
Benefits of Planned Giving
The greatest benefit of a legacy gift through the Sanford Health Foundation is knowing you’ll help people and make an impact for generations. You may also realize many additional financial and personal benefits:
- You may avoid capital gains and other taxes on assets.
- You could receive charitable income tax deductions and other tax benefits.
- You can determine how your gift is spent.
- By planning ahead, asset distribution is clear to avoid an accidental disinheritance.
- You’ll help secure Sanford Health’s future.
- You’ll ensure your life’s work and values will always be honored and remembered.
Ways to Give
As one of the most common legacy options, you can designate the Sanford Health Foundation as a beneficiary of your assets by will or trust.Learn More
An IRA charitable rollover may let you transfer up to $100,000 from your IRA to the Sanford Health Foundation without taxes. You can also designate us as a beneficiary of your account or donate unused assets.Learn More
Life insurance policies can be gifted to help support charitable work. The Sanford Health Foundation can also be named as a beneficiary.Learn More
Free Estate Planning Guide
Start planning for the future now. Our free step-by-step guide will help you create or update your estate plan to protect everything you love and leave a meaningful legacy.
Stories of Impact
The most powerful way to see a gift in action is through our patients. See how donor gifts are saving and changing lives. Each gift through the Sanford Health Foundation means a story for good.