At only 2 years old, Reina Haug is already a cancer survivor who has overcome incredible odds.
As this year’s North Dakota Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals Champion, she and her family will have the chance to share their story and advocate for all kids treated at Sanford Children’s Hospital in Fargo, the state’s only CMN Hospitals partner.
Reina was just 5 months old when she was diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma—a very rare, fast-growing cancer. The large, invasive tumor wrapped around her heart and blood vessels, trachea, upper lung and spine.
But thanks to people who give so generously through the Foundation, Reina and her family found hope at Sanford Children’s.
100% of every gift makes a difference, supporting priorities like:
- Child Life and music therapy services and supplies to help kids and their families cope with the challenges of illness and injury
- State-of-the-art technology and equipment to treat kids of all ages
- Research to accelerate more effective treatments
- On-site school tutors who work with local schools to keep kids on track
- Toys, games, books and cozy furniture in Cully’s Cabin, so kids can be kids
After nearly a year of aggressive treatments, Reina’s cancer is now in remission. Today, she’s a happy, healthy 2-year-old.
“We want to thank everyone,” says Reina’s dad, Jon. “Whether it was donations or thoughts and prayers, it is good to know we have not been alone in the fight.”
Help care for local kids, close to home
As a nonprofit, Sanford Children’s Hospital in Fargo is fueled by generous donors who believe every child deserves a healthy future. Join us and be a part of more stories like Reina’s!Give for children