October 25, 2019
Sanford Health recently unveiled its vision for downtown Bismarck, which will feature a state-of-the-art, all-inclusive heart hospital adjacent to the existing medical center. The heart hospital will combine heart services in one location, as Sanford continues to develop the region’s premier heart program.
“When it comes to caring for a heart attack or stroke patient, minutes matter, said Dr. Michael LeBeau, president of Sanford Health in Bismarck. “We have spent the past five years establishing a comprehensive heart program focused on quality outcomes, increasing access across central and western North Dakota and advancing technology and procedures.
“Combining those efforts in a new heart hospital will significantly improve access for patients and provide our heart team with all of the resources they need to care for these patients under one roof.”
As part of this exciting announcement, the Sanford Health Foundation launched a fundraising campaign, A Heart for the Future, to support the expansion of heart care, services and technology within existing facilities and the new heart hospital.
Together, we will prepare for the next generation of heart care in central and western North Dakota. Donors have the opportunity to support the following areas:
- Health: Improve patient care as the need in our region continues to grow and bring all heart services under one roof, including clinic visits, surgery, recovery and rehab.
- Expertise: Continue to grow a team of expert physicians, specialists and caregivers trained in key areas, including electrophysiology (EP) and pediatric cardiology.
- Access to care: Ensure more individuals have access to lifesaving care in the event of a heart attack or other potentially fatal cardiovascular event no matter where they live in central and western North Dakota.
- Reach: Enhance outreach programs throughout the state. Heart caregivers travel to see patients in Watford City, Dickinson, Minot, Jamestown, Mobridge, S.D., and many other communities throughout the region.
- Technology: Invest in the next generation of heart and vascular advancements including minimally invasive cardiac procedures like the transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR).
Sanford Health is committed to expanding heart care and services in our region and will match endowment investments dollar for dollar.
To learn more about A Heart for the Future, please contact one of our major gifts officers: