October 25, 2019
All through October, communities across the region rallied to fight breast cancer.
Braving early winter weather, supporters joined TeamEdith at great events during Breast Cancer Awareness Month to raise funds for the Edith Sanford Breast Initiative.
Here are some of the highlights so far:
- Cowgirls for a Cure launched awareness efforts early with the second annual barrel racing event on Sept. 14. With 154 participants, the event raised nearly $57,000. Special thank you to our sponsor, Dakota Community Bank & Trust.
- Despite being canceled due to an early winter storm, supporters of the Edith Sanford Run/Walk for Breast Cancer continued to show their support for the cause by raising funds for patient care and research.
- High school athletes and their fans showed their pink pride at volleyball matches, football games and swim meets.
There is still time to get involved and show your support before the month ends.
Join us for a pink night at Blarney Stone Pub, get a pink streak at Luxe Beautique and Salon or shop Braun Distributing in Dickinson for a case of pink beer.
Raise a Pint for the Cure
- When: Oct. 29, 5:30 to 8 p.m.
- Where: Blarney Stone Pub, 408 E. Main Ave., Bismarck
- More details: Join us for a pink takeover of Blarney Stone Pub. All day long, Blarney will donate 10 percent of proceeds to Edith Sanford. Edith Sanford Run/Walk for Breast Cancer participants also can pick up T-shirts.
Streaks for a Cure
- When: All month long
- Where: Luxe Beautique and Salon, 1121 N. 13th St. Suite 1, Bismarck
- More details: The team from Luxe Beautique and Salon will be offering pink hair extensions all month long. A portion of proceeds benefits Edith Sanford.
- When: All month long
- Where: Braun Distributing in Dickinson
- More details: For every pink case of beer sold, a portion of proceeds benefit Edith Sanford.
Pick up Edith Sanford Run/Walk for Breast Cancer T-shirts
- When: Weekdays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Where: Sanford Health Foundation office located on the fifth floor of the First International Bank & Trust Building, 1601 N. 12th St.
- More details: If you were one of our more than 250 registered participants, you can still pick up your event T-shirt and any fundraising incentives earned.
TeamEdith is a fundraising movement led by the Sanford Health Foundation that unites our community in the fight against breast cancer. Every dollar raised at these events stays local to support patient care and research at Edith Sanford.