May 25, 2018
Children’s Miracle Network dance marathons are so much more than just school dances.
They’re student-driven, year-round commitments to fundraising and awareness-building for Children’s Miracle Network at Sanford Children’s Hospital.
Throughout the year, college students gain leadership, teamwork and nonprofit business experience while raising funds and interacting with Sanford Children’s young patients and their families.
The year culminates with a 10- to 24-hour dance marathon event where students dance, play games and more in support of children served at Sanford Children’s.
This spring, area universities celebrated new fundraising records. We thank them for their hard work and dedication!
Here’s a breakdown:
SDSU State A Thon
- When: April 7
- Where: South Dakota State University
- Raised: $165,829.49, up from $151,000 the year before.
- When: April 21-22
- Where: University of South Dakota
- Raised: $184,239.21, up from $145,422 raised in 2017 and surpassed their goal to raise a 21-year cumulative total of more than $1 million.
- When: April 28
- Where: Augustana University
- Raised: $38,747.64, which was $6,000 more than the 2017 total.