September 21, 2018
This year’s Savor the Flavor Grand Chef Show-off featured a new, more intimate venue, a barbeque-themed grand chef show-off and an amazing cause – bringing Child Life services to the Bismarck region.
With 275 attendees, the event raised more the $170,000 for the Sanford Health Foundation’s Above and Beyond campaign. The fundraising effort will help launch the region’s first Child Life program at Sanford Bismarck.
Broadway Grill & Tavern’s executive chef, Lex Ryles, earned top honors during the grand chef show-off. Ryles won over attendee’s taste buds with his smoked barbeque brisket over slaw with fried potato, pulled pork with corn medley and mashed potatoes, and sweet potato puree with bruleed topping.
Above and Beyond
Donor support to the Above and Beyond fundraising campaign is critical to establishing the first Child Life program in our region.
Child Life is one of the best well-kept secrets in the health care field. Child development professionals known as Child Life Specialists work behind the scenes and in tandem with doctors and nurses to ensure each child who walks through our door has the best experience possible.
With well-established programs at Sanford Health in Fargo and Sioux Falls, Child Life services have helped improve pediatric outcomes, the quality of care and the overall patient and family experience. Best of all, families never see a bill for Child Life services.
Thank you to these generous supporters who are helping bring Child Life to our region:
- Steve & Carla Pine and Broadway Centre
- Sanford Health Auxiliary
- Dr. Anthony and Janet Tello
- Dr. Ron and Joyce Tello
- Dr. Christina Tello-Skjerseth and Brent Skjerseth
- Bill and Bonnie Daniel
- Dr. Chris and Janel Meeker
- Angie Sersha and Nick Simonson
- J2 Studio Architecture + Design PC
- Associated Land Development LLLP
- John and Pam DesRoches
- First International Bank & Trust
- Drs. Steven Schmidt and Sara Reinke-Schmidt
- Dr. Melissa and Nathan Seibel
- Dr. Todd and Lila Twogood
- Dr. Christina and Matthias daSilva
- Tim and Rachael Flagstad
- Jan and Mark Kamphuis
- Trisha and Greg Meidinger
- Kristi Schmidt
Learn more about the Above and Beyond campaign here.