giving for good sioux falls
In partnership with supporters across the Sioux Falls region, we not only help build world-class facilities, like the Castle of Care and Ava’s House, but together we help touch the lives of every patient, family and caregiver who walks through the doors.
Last year, we put $6.2 million in philanthropic gifts to work across the Sioux Falls region. See the impact below and keep scrolling for opportunities to do more good in the year ahead.2022 Annual Report
Give for Children
More than 20,000 infants, kids and teens count on Sanford Children’s Hospital in Sioux Falls every year for everything from healing broken bones to treating rare cancers.
Your gift for the Children’s Miracle Network Fund at Sanford Children’s could help care for a child you love by supporting:
- Services like Child Life, spiritual care and school tutoring
- Financial assistance to help families with meals, mileage, lodging and other costs not covered by insurance
- Lifesaving equipment like pediatric CT scanners and ultrasound machines
- Specialized summer camps for kids living with chronic health conditions
- Community services to keep kids safe like poison control and Child’s Voice, which advocates and supports victims of child abuse and neglect, and more
Sanford Children’s is also proud to be the region’s only Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals partner. Keep an eye out for the signature balloon icons while you’re shopping or dining out. Many of your favorite stores and restaurants host campaigns and events throughout the year that benefit our patients.
Give for Breast Health
In South Dakota alone, more than 700 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year. We can show them they’re not alone and do more, together, to help end this devastating disease for future generations. Your gift for the Sioux Falls Edith Sanford Breast Center Fund could help support:
- Costs of lifesaving MRIs and 3D mammograms for underinsured women
- Services like nurse navigation, genetic counseling and survivorship programming at no cost to patients
- Complimentary wigs and head coverings
- State-of-the-art equipment like ultrasound and 3D mammography machines
- Breast cancer clinical trials like the ongoing I-SPY2 study to raise standards in care and give local women access to the most innovative treatments possible, and more
Give for Hope
We all know the pain and fear that a cancer diagnosis can bring. Together, we can give more hope, healing and comfort to every patient at the Sanford Cancer Center in Sioux Falls while advancing better ways to treat and prevent this devastating disease. Your gift for the Cancer Center of Excellence Fund will stay local to help support:
- Services like nurse navigation, survivorship programming, art and massage therapy, and more
- The latest advancements in technology and equipment to support cancer prevention, detection and treatment
- Renovations and furnishings, such as chemotherapy recliners, to ensure comfortable, healing spaces
- Staff education and training opportunities, and more
Give for Tiny Miracles
Together, we can help ensure the region’s most critically ill and fragile babies get the care they need through advanced technology made specially for tiny patients. Your gift for Sanford Children’s will stay local to help support:
- The latest advancements in technology and equipment
- Giraffe OmniBeds to surround critically ill and premature babies in a carefully controlled environment designed to mimic the womb
- Panda Warmers to help newborns transition after birth
- A NICVIEW System to allow family members to virtually visit baby anytime, anywhere
Give for Sioux Falls
Your payment is processed securely.