January 18, 2019
As a vital part of the Sanford Health Foundation in Sioux Falls, the board of directors helps ensure the success of our entire organization. These women and men set the course for our work and represent our donors, volunteers and the patients we serve.
The board of directors is made up of recognized leaders across many areas of expertise. As volunteer board members, they contribute significant amounts of personal time, talent and energy to further the mission of the organization.
This dedicated group provides direction and advises the Foundation toward a sustainable future. They also help identify fundraising opportunities and truly are an extension of the Foundation staff.
Recent board changes:
- Al Schoeneman, Owner/President of Schoeneman’s — Named board chair
- Ed Evans, Managing Partner of Evans Haigh & Hinton, L.L.P. — Named vice board chair
- Chris Thorkelson, President/CEO of Lloyd Companies — Named secretary/treasurer
- Jason Ahrendt, Owner of State Farm Insurance Agency — New board member
- Tyler Haahr, Chairman of the Board and former Chief Executive Officer of Meta Financial Group — New board member
- John Henkhaus, Family Office Head of The Everist Company — New board member