November 20, 2020
If there’s one thing we could all use, it’s more hope for a bright and healthy 2021. Make a gift today to any area of care that’s close to your heart, and know that 100% of every dollar will give health, healing, comfort and more to last throughout the new year.
Seven ways to give:
- Donate online. Online giving is fast, easy and secure. Just use your credit card to make a gift through our online form. Your gift can go even further when you sign up for monthly donations.
- Mail a check. Send a check payable to the Sanford Health Foundation to one of our offices.
- Create an online fundraiser. Ask your friends and loved ones for donations in lieu of gifts for special occasions. Get started here.
- Shop for the child life team. Your donation of toys, crafts and other needed items will help brighten the lives of our pediatric patients. All donations must be new and in original packaging. Find the wish lists here.
- Make a difference while you shop at smile.amazon.com. You’ll find the exact same selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added benefit that Amazon will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases. Start shopping.
- Arrange for a stock transfer. If you wish to make a stock transfer and take advantage of possible 2020 tax benefits, please contact our office as soon as possible. We will give you instructions that you can share with your broker and help ensure a smooth, timely transfer.
- Authorize an IRA charitable rollover gift. If you are 70½ or older, you can satisfy your required minimum distribution for the year without increasing your income and taxes. View steps to make your gift here.
To make sure your tax-deductible gift counts toward your 2020 taxes, please give before midnight on Dec. 31, 2020.
Attention, North Dakotans
Don’t forget about our state’s generous charitable tax credit! North Dakota offers a 40 percent state income tax credit for taxpayers making gifts of $5,000 or more to permanent charitable endowments in the state. IRA rollover gifts up to $25,000 per person and $50,000 per couple, per year, qualify for the tax credit.
If you have questions about giving, please contact our office. We’re open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.