SIOUX FALLS, S.D. — Meet kids like Gabe Gitzen during our annual Sanford Children’s Miracle Network KELOLAND Special Aug. 11 at 6:30 p.m.
Not too long ago, Gabe’s future wasn’t so certain. His parents, Sara and Joe, found themselves in a waking nightmare. Gabe, then just 3 years old, was diagnosed with cancer after a routine tonsillectomy.
The Madison family found hope in Sanford Children’s Castle of Care – home to the region’s only pediatric cancer experts and the Child Life staff who made Gabe feel like the king of the castle.
- When: Aug. 11 at 6:30 p.m.
- Where: KELO-TV, channel 11
- More details: Tune in to hear more stories about young miracles and how donations to Sanford Children’s Miracle Network truly make an impact in their daily lives.
- Give now: Make a gift today online.
Generous donations during this annual event truly make an impact by providing:
- Specialized equipment including sleeper couches, kangaroo gliders, chemo chairs, oscillating ventilators, racecar transporters and IV poles.
- Programs and services such as Child Life, social work and multiple summer camps for kids with disabilities and serious illnesses.
- Direct child and family assistance for expenses not covered by insurance such as meals, mileage, lodging, specialty formula and supplies for asthma and diabetes patients.
- So much more to help children recover from injury and illness and get back to being kids.
Consider making a gift today, and don’t forget to tune in during the special on Aug. 11.