August 23, 2019
In July, many of our Sanford leaders and special guests made a BIG splash to help the causes we stand behind. Dunk-A-Doctor 2019 raised more than $43,000 thanks to eight brave participants and those who took aim to move care forward!
- Cole “Turn-Down-For-What” Turner, vice president of finance, was the top fundraiser and brought in $17,999 for Ava’s House, Sanford’s acute-level, inpatient hospice facility that provides 24-hour nursing care to patients of all ages.
- Calvin “Don’t Mess With the Kids” Hilligas, security officer, raised $7,215 for Sanford Children’s Miracle Network.
- Chris “Don’t Miss, Dunk Chris!” Schenkel, from Northwestern Mutual, raised $2,950 for Camp Bring It On! Northwestern Mutual also matched every gift, up to $10,000!
- Dr. Keely Hack, oncologist, raised $1,455 for the Edith Sanford Breast Initiative.
- Dr. “PT” Dan “The Man” Steventon, pediatric physical therapist, raised $1,320 for Sanford Cure Kids Cancer.
- Dr. Shannon “Taking Aim for Ava’s” Ashbaugh, pediatric physician, raised $1,150 for Ava’s House.
- Dr. Larry Burris, neurocritical care, raised $819 for the Sanford Employee Crisis Fund.
- Dr. David “Walk the Plank” Pearce, president of research and innovation, raised $315 for Sanford Research.
Jade Delaney, development officer at the Sanford Health Foundation, said she’s grateful for the employees who are so enthusiastic and giving to patients.
“Our employees are doing amazing things every single day,” she said. “Not only are they literally saving lives, but they’re so passionate.“
Watch a recap of the day
Giving back moves care forward
From a talent show to Dunk-A-Doctor, Sanford Health employees came together at several events to celebrate the 125th anniversary of the Sanford USD Medical Center July 22-26 and the employees who dedicate themselves to advancing the work of health and healing every day.
The Sanford Health Foundation also organized Foundation Trivia Bingo!, Sanford’s Got Talent, Physician Face-off skills competition and Blizzard Eating Contest.
Funds raised during all the events supported Sanford Health Foundation’s employee giving campaign, Giving Back Moves Care Forward.
We’re so grateful for our Sanford family who goes above and beyond to support our shared mission to improve the human condition.
Are you a Sanford Health employee?
Join the movement to make Sanford stronger! Visit sanfordhealthfoundation.org/giveback to learn more and arrange a gift through payroll deduction. Support any initiative that you’re most passionate about.