August 26, 2019
Capping off a week of thank you events for Sanford Bismarck employees, Aug. 17 was a day for celebration. The Sanford Health Foundation hosted the region’s first Dunk-A-Doctor during the Summer Celebration employee picnic at Sertoma Park.
The following Sanford leaders and physicians came together to make a splash and raise more than $1,200 for the Employee Crisis program:
- Dr. Burkley Jensen, Podiatry
- Dr. Eric Hart, Podiatry
- Bill Kopp, executive director of Sanford Heart
- Dr. Jessica Sedevie, Obstetrics/Gynecology
- Fred Fridley, vice president, Operations
- Angela Sersha, executive director, Sanford Legal
Rather than going into the dunk tank, Vice President of Finance Kirk Cristy received many pies in the face in the name of giving back.
Angela Sersha, executive director of Sanford Legal, pies Cristy in the face.
Every dollar raised during the event will help employees during sudden, emergent and catastrophic financial difficulties including:
- Supporting families following a traumatic event such as a house fire, car accident, sudden death in the family, critical illness or natural disaster.
- Providing travel support including transportation, lodging and meals.
- Assisting with emergent medical costs not covered by insurance.
Other events celebrating employees included succulent planting, a scavenger hunt, trivia, a fitness class and the first Casual for a Cause, offering employee donors the opportunity to wear jeans on Fridays.
Are you a Sanford Health employee?
Join the movement!
Visit sanfordhealthfoundation.org/giveback to learn more and arrange a gift through payroll deduction. You can support any initiative you’re most passionate about.