July 17, 2019
Tune in during our annual Sanford Children’s Miracle Network KELOLAND Special on Aug. 14 from 6:30 to 7 p.m
When Emma Bader came home from the hospital 18 years ago, she was the smallest baby ever born in South Dakota to graduate from a neonatal intensive care unit.
Having recently celebrated another graduation – this time from Lincoln High School – Emma has a bright future ahead of her, but she wouldn’t have made it this far without the support of donors to Sanford Children’s Miracle Network.
Emma was born three months early and weighed only 14 ounces. After her birth, Emma stayed in the Sanford Boekelheide NICU for four and a half months, growing stronger every day until she could go home.
When Emma was just 6 months old, she was fitted for hearing aids after her family learned she was profoundly deaf. Before the age of 5, she endured four surgeries, including heart surgery at 17 months old.
Through it all, Emma maintained her “wild personality,” according to her mom, Hope.
Emma has since earned a junior black belt and embraced music. She plays seven instruments and performed in youth symphony and the Lincoln High School’s marching band.
Donors to Sanford Children’s Miracle Network helped make Emma’s success possible by providing:
- Specialized equipment including Giraffe™ Omnibeds™, sleeper couches, kangaroo gliders, chemo chairs, oscillating ventilators, racecar transporters and IV poles.
- Programs and services such as Child Life, social work and multiple summer camps for kids with disabilities and serious illnesses.
- Direct child and family assistance for expenses not covered by insurance such as meals, mileage, lodging, specialty formula and supplies for asthma and diabetes patients.
- So much more to help children recover from injury and illness and get back to being kids.
This year, you have a chance to make an even bigger difference. Sioux Falls Ford will be matching donations up to $10,000. Your donation will make double the impact and help more kids receive the expert care they deserve.
Consider making a gift today, and don’t forget to tune in during the special on Aug. 14.
- When: Aug. 14 from 6:30 to 7 p.m
- Where: KELO-TV, channel 11
- More details: Tune in to hear more stories about young miracles and how donations to Sanford Children’s Miracle Network truly make an impact in their daily lives.