December 15, 2019
Over the past year, the generosity of donors to the Sanford Health Foundation helped give hope and healing to patients and families across the Sioux Falls region.
In 2019, donors like you helped:
1. Assist more than 1,000 families with costs not covered by insurance — including meals, mileage, lodging, specialty foods and formula, diabetic and asthma supplies and more — while their children were in the hospital. (Sanford Children’s Miracle Network)
2. Give 61 local pediatric cancer patients and survivors (a record-setting number!) a week of summer fun and friendship at Camp Bring it On! — at no cost to their families. (Sanford Cure Kids Cancer)
3. Fuel more than 300 ongoing clinical trials, giving patients access to leading-edge treatments and accelerating the pace of lifesaving discovery. (Sanford Research)
4. Care for hundreds of patients at Ava’s House by Sanford, reaching more than 400 patients since the hospice facility opened in 2017. (Ava’s House Endowment)
5. Provide more than 1,200 3D mammograms at the Edith Sanford Breast Center to women who lacked adequate insurance. (Edith Sanford Breast Center)
6. Sponsor an integrated behavioral health conference to promote best practices for suicide screening, opioid abuse and more. (General Unrestricted Fund)
Whether they’re children fighting cancer, families facing the end of life with a loved one, patients hoping for lifesaving treatments and cures, or any of the many, many others who turn to Sanford Health each day for healing … your kindness has made a difference.
Take a moment today to make one of your most important gifts of the season. Please support for whatever cause at Sanford is closest to your heart and know that every dollar will make a difference in the new year.